Sunday, May 3, 2009

Buscemi Bunch

We've spent the weekend just hanging out around the house. It seems like we're always so busy, it feels nice to have no where to go. Marcello and Francesco went to the Swap Shop in Fort Myers; they spend their allowance every week on Hotwheels. They each have quite a collection. Francesco usually gets his at Target or Toys R Us. Marcello searches for the vintage ones; the ones he blew up with firecrackers as a child are now worth a small fortune!! Makenzie, Makayla and I are staying in the A/C. We did go on a bike ride today and we enjoy going for our evening walk with Makayla in the stroller after dinner.

Makenzie is going to be homeschooled next year -(for infinity!) and she is too funny because her curriculum should be in next Tuesday but she still has 23 days left of 3rd grade, however she told her teachers at school that her last day of school is Monday. One of my friends from college is a paraprofessional in her ESE class, she asked me about this on Friday when I picked her up from school. I tried to explain to Makenzie that her books are coming but she has to finish out the year, but obviously it's not getting through just yet! She is super excited to be homeschooled again and I know I can do a better job with her then anyone else. We'll join PRAISE again, which is a wonderful homeschool group in Punta Gorda. They get together once a month for co-op, once a week for P.E. and awesome field trips. They also have a 4-H class called Home Grown. I have stayed close with a few of the moms over the past two years, but I am excited myself to get back in the group. Francesco doesn't want to be homeschooled and I think it is better for him to be around a bunch of children on a daily basis, he is a high achiever at school and he is quite a "social butterfly"-(wonder where he gets that from). I do plan on taking him out of school once a month for our homeschool co-op day and he'll go on all our field trips as well. I'm so excited to have the chance to homeschool once again, I absolutely loved it in the past and feel like that is what God is calling me to do for Makenzie. Marcello is less excited because he really wanted me to finish college and get into the classroom. I plan on continuing my education but I have delayed my graduation for another semester or two. We'll just take each day as it comes!!

No comments: